Posted on August 25th, 2011, 3:53
is a process by which leads are tracked and developed into sales
opportunities. It is a concept that has become enormously popular today.
Until recently, the marketing team passed leads on to the sales teams
irrespective of their readiness, and neither of the two teams made a
productive effort to covert the leads into a sale. For the growth of any
business, it is imperative for the sales and marketing teams to work
together. This has lead to a fairly new business concept known as lead
the name suggests, lead nurturing is the practice of nurturing or
developing unprocessed leads until they become sales ready. To make lead
nurturing a successful reality, a collaborative effort between the
sales and marketing teams is required. Lead nurturing is all about
having reliable and significant communication with potential customers
regardless of their timing to buy. It is not about calling a prospect
every few months to find out if he is ready to buy yet, but about
building solid relationships with the right people and then tracking
their development into sales opportunities.
Lead nurturing can ensure maximum sales success when marketers categorize the leads based on their sales readiness. The sales team can make tremendous progress when they have a hot lead to follow up on. If a lead is not easily convertible it is then passed back to the marketing team to be nurtured.
How to Make Lead Nurturing a Success
In the B2B marketing world, lead nurturing software has the utmost significance. To make it a success and achieve the desired results, keep in mind the following practices:
1. Prospective customer’s interest – One needs to be aware of a potential customer’s likes and dislikes and pursue a lead accordingly, especially when developing nurturing campaigns.
2. Timing - This is an essential aspect in the lead nurturing process. It is extremely vital to strike the right balance between over and under interaction. It is best to know a prospect‘s time of preference to be contacted.
3. Significant interaction - All communication with prospects should be meaningful and have some significance. Adopting a different storyline during different stages of the buying cycle helps in achieving better results.
4. Customer specific content - As each prospect is unique, it is never a good idea to send generic content. Instead develop content that is customer specific or that matches the role or industry of prospects.
5. Concise emails – All email content developed should be brief and to the point. It must focus on one topic and must necessarily include one call to action.
Lead nurturing can help you deepen your relationships with prospects over time and progress seamlessly from one interaction to the next. Thinking from the perspective of a potential customer aids in carrying out the lead nurturing process. Marketers can attain better results by coupling this with lead nurturing best practices.
Know More: Lead Generation