November 27th, 2012
November 27th, 2012, 22:01
The present day competitive market scenario has
made it imperative for most organizations to resort to efficient risk
management techniques. Risk analysis helps a company to balance unwarranted
business threats and leverage opportunities. An appropriate risk management
framework offers risk analysis and enhances consistency.
An acute risk management concern that is
encountered by most businesses today is managing unrestricted admin
access. This has been the result of increased data centers, network operation
centers and application maintenance outsourcing. All these require
administrator teams to manage and maintain various applications, systems and
network devices having powerful access IDís, termed as privileged IDís. Using a
Privilege ID one can have complete access to systems and its application and
can install, restart and reconfigure new systems, existing systems and
shift logs. Since these IDís are known to the administrators it can lead to ID
abuse and other non-compliance concerns.
Importance of Privileged Identity
Privileged identity management, i.e. PIM helps
organizations by providing a simple and secure way to use safety techniques than
depending on the administrators. PIM is a part of Identity and Access Management that focuses on certain requirements of powerful
accounts within an organization. It also includes password vault, user account
life cycle, and auditing and access management. PIM is specifically used for
reviewing administrator activity in crucial environments, such as production
servers, network devices, applications and databases.
Solution providers specializing in risk
have come up with PIM solutions that cater to the various requirements of
industry verticals such as telecom, IT/ITES and banking. The solution offers
the following services:
- Executive Workshop and Business Requirement
- PIM Strategy and Roadmap
- Best fit solution identification
- Proof of Concepts
- User Life Cycle Management
- Shared ID Management
- Session Management
- Access Brokers and Single Sign On
- Activity Monitoring(SIEM)
- PIM Health Check
- Post Implementation Support
- Change Requests
- Performance Optimization
Advanced privileged identity management solutions are set up in a way to
restrict the share-privilege account sprawl, offer audit trail, automate manual
processes and monitor the privileged account and user activities. The solution
efficiently manages non-human accounts, for instance the ones required by
accounts and services in legacy operations. The system password changes are
expanded to all dependant services. Furthermore, the password for embedded
applications, that an organization is hesitant to touch so that they donít
break the app, will not be compromised anymore.
Read more on - cloud
November 27th, 2012, 1:32
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an inbound marketing technique that helps B2B marketers to be found by prospects, while lead generation means focusing on activities that drive traffic to website. For a website link to be visible to prospective clients, B2B web pages need to be search engine optimized. Here are some important tips.
- Every html document must have a TITLE element in the head section, commonly referred as a Meta tag (title tag).
- The title Meta tag is placed in the html source code of the web page in a browser, at the very top of the page right after the opening <head> tag. In the Meta Description.
- This Meta tag is usually placed beneath the title and Meta description tags in the headline section of the pagesí HTML code.
- The description tag goes below the TITLE and above CSS. It should be short and should be kept fewer than 200 characters.
- Meta Description is also the text (summary) that is displayed in the search results, just below the page Title.
- Include the keyword in the headline as it carries more value.
- A sub-headline tag has more authority over the next level tag and so on.
- Write unique keywords within the headline tag with a short sentence or a tag line including the relevant keyword.
- In sub-headlines, emphasize the use of the headline tags to highlight the relevant keywords in the headings of the web pages
- Give emphasis on the selected keyword, so that it will be easier for the search engine spiders to determine the keywords. Overall, it is better to use bold or strong tags on the targeted keyword so that marketing automation tools will be able to derive metrics for keyword clicks.
- Keywords in the URL are important because they influence the way people link to the marketed product. Hyphens can be included to accommodate multiple phrases in a keyword. Include at least one internal link with keyword as anchor text.
- The internal links help web pages in the website to get indexed by the search engines, build the relevancy of a page to a keyword phrase included as an anchor text, and increase the page rank of an internal page. Marketing automation software can be deployed to track links clicked by website visitors, which can be used for lead generation.
- Include the keyword in the alt tag on one of the image. If the B2B web pages use images, image maps or photos, the ALT image tags must be used. ALT image tags are an extension to images which displays alternative text for users who cannot read images (such as Search Engines).
Read more on - Drip Marketing, marketing funnel