August 3rd, 2012, 0:32
Today’s B2B lead generation activity is a greater challenge for marketers than it was a few years ago. Also, the ability of the buyer to investigate and collect seller information has increased manifold, thanks to the presence of research sites and social media sharing. For this reason, it is extremely important for B2B marketing companies to be able to target the right customer and the prospect with rightly timed messages. Therefore, it is imperative for marketers to use automated solutions that help them to proactively respond to prospect and customer needs.|
Lead Intent and Behavior Analysis
- Marketing automation solutions can provide lead intent and behavioral analysis information that can be used to understand where the prospects are in the buying process, and what interests them.
- The intent information is arrived at irrespective of whether the visitor filled a form or not and the software takes into account the sequence of activities of the visitor on the website, the pages and phrases he was interested in, the actions he took on the website and how much time he spent.
- Such behavioral tracking and analysis, especially when combined with historical information and when seen from a company level decision making view, helps to assess what the visitor is looking for as a solution.
Lead Scoring and Campaign Management
- Important lead management activities like lead scoring, campaign management are some of the important activities that can be automated using marketing automation software.
- With robust marketing automation applications, leads can now be automatically scored and prioritized based on their activity, interest and intent.
- Based on lead scoring, marketing teams can differentiate between leads that are sales ready and those that are not.
- Accordingly, they can pass on the sales ready leads to sales teams and focus their efforts on lead nurturing for the others.
- Since content needs to be highly personalized based on the buying power of the purchaser, B2B marketing automation solutions help to personalize and customize content sharing with prospects in a timely manner.
- These solutions also help to segment the messaging and act as repositories for content management as well.
By integrating marketing automation solutions with existing CRM systems, B2B companies can align their sales and marketing goals, get an insight into the leads generated at each stage of the sales cycle and accurately measure their marketing campaign's ROI as well.
Read on - Lead Tracker, lead generation services